Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's going to be longer than 1 week...unfortunately

I'd originally thought that I would only be out for one week for my injury from the car accident. Well, I though wrong.

Before today, I hadn't been able to work out since the night of the accident. My shoulder, neck, and back have been so sore that I really haven't been able to do too much. I decided, though, that I had to start back exercising tonight, so I went to my local gym to try it out. It was kind of odd to be there because so much has changed since I started P90X. Anyway, though, I made a B-line to the treadmill to run as long as I could.

My original goal was to do at least 2 miles, but I barely made it to 1 mile. My shoulder was bothering me so badly that I almost didn't even make it to the .90 mile mark, but I kept going anyway. I think I drank too much water after I stopped running because I felt like I was going to throw up. It could have been a combination of the water and my shoulder aching, too. Who knows?

So now, my focus has shifted from starting back P90X pronto to working myself back up to P90X status. I've got to get my strength back in my shoulder, neck, and back before I can start the program again or I'd end up hurting myself even worsea and would be out longer. Not a good thing when I'm trying to get fit!

In the mean time, though, I'm going to post helpful articles on fitness, weight loss, and exercise information. Hopefully it will help all of us reach our goals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment