Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 14 and 15... Back on track

So, I ended up not doing any of my P90X workouts last week. I got off-track with my vacation schedule, but it was a much-needed vacation from reality. I had totally planned on doing the workouts, but I forgot my recovery drink formula at home. And... I couldn't use the pull-up bar. I know those are all just excuses, but I won't have any other distractions and don't plan on skipping any other time. I didn't eat too terribly bad, though, so I don't think it messed me up too much. I'm not even going to count last week as part of the program because I plan on doing the Week 3 workout this week. I've started back doing everything today (supplements, protein bars, etc.), and it's on now.

Well, the workout tonight wasn't too terribly bad. It was actually refreshing to get back into my home-gym and do some much-needed reps. I was very pleased to see that my number of reps is increasing, where needed. When I started the program a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't even think about doing a pull-up. I'm now almost to the point where I can get 3/4 of one, so that's definitely some improvement. Whoot whoot!

My abs workout is getting a ton better, too. There are only 3 workouts that I simply cannot do 25 reps, which is better than where I started! By the 2nd workout when I did the video the first time, I was already out of breath and my abs were absolutely killer. It's much different now, though.

Here's my HRM info for today's workout:

6/7/10
Total Time: 1.11.43
Calories Burned: 427.22
Fat: 60%
Maximum BPM: 158
Average BPM: 128

My calories burned is a little bit more than the last time I did this workout, so that's a plus. I worked out with the 15s for a couple of times and did a few more push-ups than normally. Gah, I can't wait to see what I'll be able to do at the end of this program!

I've already gotten some compliments about how I look like I've lost weight or that my shoulders are beginning to look more defined. That kind of feedback from people is really what I feed off of, especially with fitness. It's continuous motivation, even if it's from people you see every day.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment