Wednesday, June 30, 2010

On the way back to the top

I worked out tonight for the second time since the accident, and it went surprisingly well. I had to take a break around the half-mile mark when I was running because my shoulder started to tense up pretty badly, but I started back up and made it to 1.2 miles. I took another break for a tenth of a mile and finished at the 2-mile mark. Other than the breaks for some tense muscles and a little bit of pain, it went well.

I also tried a couple of workouts for my lats and shoulders. I only did 30 pounds on the lat pull-down machine, which was a piece of cake. I don't think it really did much, but I've got to start somewhere. I used 20 pounds on the shoulder machine because it had a little more resistance and targeted one of the main areas that was injured. I wanted to take it really slow with that area because getting back up to speed too quickly can definitely hurt you in the long-run.

Just wanted to write this quick update... I'm on the way back to where I was, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment