Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 3: Feeling better!

I can't believe how much better I feel today after getting 8+ hours of sleep! I wasn't drained like I was yesterday, so I guess getting sleep is the trick. I had more energy and didn't feel like I needed to have caffeine today. I guess I'm getting more used to no coffee, sweet tea, or carbonation, so that's also a plus.

The Shoulders and Arms workout today was pretty awesome. I really enjoyed it because it works out your arms in three different segments: shoulders, biceps, and triceps. The entire workout is a rotation of those three areas, so you're really able to do more reps without topping out prematurely. I chose to go for high reps at a low rate for toning, so that rotation worked out really well for me.

Here's my data for today:

5/19/2010
Total Time: 1.17.39
Calories Burned: 454.64
Fat: 60%
Maximum BPM: 156
Average BPM: 124

I was more conscious of my BPM, as you can probably tell. This was a drastic change from yesterday's numbers, but today's workout was way different from yesterday's. Today was more focused on weights and resistance instead of cardio, so I trained at a different heart rate level today. It was still very effective, though.

My muscles are still sore today... My abs are majorly sore, so the Ab Ripper X was difficult to complete. My legs are sore, too, but at least I can see that the exercises are working for me. Yaay for that!

I also ate more along the lines of the nutritional guide today. My breakfast and dinner were definitely on track, but I had to eat fast food for lunch. A doctor's appointment went longer than expected, so I had to get a Chick-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich and soup before I went back to the doctor's office. That wasn't really a bad choice, though, but it isn't on the guide. Luckilly, though, we got completely back on track tonight with grilled salmon. Let me warn you - salmon is NOT fun to do on the grill! It falls apart, so here's a word to the wise: use aluminum foil, but don't let it catch on fire. :)

Later,

lb

No comments:

Post a Comment