Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 8: Back in the routine

After a wonderful day of rest yesterday, it's time to get back in the routine. I've surprised myself at how much I've stayed on the nutritional guide. It really is pretty easy because you get to eat good food; it just takes a while to prepare all of it. I'm really glad that my mom has helped me out by cooking dinner several nights a week because it's made my life much more simple.

The workouts aren't getting any easier, but I didn't expect them to after just one week. I tried to increase my reps on the workout today, and I definitely could feel it. My arms and shoulders were basically shaking after the workout was finished, and my abs were sore, too. Part of my problem, though, was that I hurried to start the workout tonight because the series finale of "24" came on tonight at 8 pm. I absolutely had to be done by that time, but luckilly, I finished with 5 minutes to spare. That was the perfect time allowed to make my recovery drink. :)

Anyway, here's my heart rate monitor info:

5/24/10
Total Time: 1.10.25
Calories Burned: 423.55
Fat: 60%
Maximum BPM: 164
Average BPM: 128

Now, since I've got some data to compare my workouts with, I see that I didn't really push myself as much as I should have. My calories burned today was significantly lower than last week's, which was probably because I didn't let my food fully digest before I started. That definitely screws up everything, so I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon.

Tomorrow is Plyometrics, so yippee for that!

Later...

lb

No comments:

Post a Comment