Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 2... Wow, I'm starting to get sore

The soreness is definitely starting to set-in today. My abs and obliques are the worst, and then my traps come in a close second. My shoulders and hip flexors are a little sore, too, but they're pretty bearable. It's a good soreness, though - it really is a physical demonstration of hard work and determination.

I had to change up my schedule a little bit today because of an Awards Night event I had to attend tonight. I got the privilege of presenting scholarships to three students, so I definitely enjoyed it. Anyway, though, my normal planned routine is to work out in the evenings, so this was definitely a way to mix things up a bit.

Plyometrics definitely kicked my butt this morning! I don't think I was expecting the kind of intensity that went with that workout, so it threw me for a loop. Some of their moves were slightly complicated, so it took a couple of attempts to get it right. I probably still am not doing it completely right, but it's better than the first attempt. I went through two water bottles before this DVD was over with because I was sweating so much... crazy! Luckilly, the restoration drink helped me gain a bit of energy right after the workout. On my way to work, though, I realized how physically drained I actually was from the workout. You know, after doing Plyometrics ("the mother of all P90X workouts"), taking a shower, and getting ready for the day, it's difficult to have energy for the remainder of the day. I got some more energy after I ate my protein bar and after I had lunch, so I'm glad that helped at least a little bit. I figured, though, that I need to start getting more rest (7+ hours, not just 7) so my body can handle these workouts. I'm going to go to bed earlier tonight to see if this helps.

Anyway, here's my data from my heart monitor:

5/18/2010
Total Time: 1.04.16
Calories Burned: 540.62
Fat: 60%
Maximum BPM: 193 (way too high... I need to be more careful of this)
Average BPM: 149

It looks like tomorrow is the day that I'll get to play around with the Shoulders and Arms DVD, as well as Ab Ripper X. Fantastic - I'm not going to be able to move. At least it will be worth it in the long-run. :)

lb

No comments:

Post a Comment